Results 1 to 3 of 3

Thread: camera out of focus for good?

  1. #1
    Inactive Member soupastar's Avatar
    Join Date
    April 6th, 2000
    Posts
    16
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Question

    Hello.
    I have a great Yaschica Electro-8 that I have been using for a brief time (picked it up at a thrift store) it was working great until the last time I used it - I can't seem to get anything in focus through the viewfinder.
    Everything just stays blurry.
    Has this happened to anyone before?
    What kind of trauma or lens problem could have caused this?
    Thanks for any kind of comments or suggestions.
    -S

  2. #2
    Inactive Member MrObvious's Avatar
    Join Date
    April 28th, 2000
    Posts
    46
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    It's possible that your diopter adjustment was adjusted unbeknownst to you... check for a small know or dial near the viewfinder and adjest it while looking through. This focuses the viewfinder to your eye. In order to set it properly, open the lens up to the widest aperature, focus on infinity, and point the camera at something VERY far away, like a mountain or building downtown. smile Then adjust the diopter dial until it comes into focus sharply. If this was the problem you should be good to go.

    MrO

  3. #3
    Inactive Member soupastar's Avatar
    Join Date
    April 6th, 2000
    Posts
    16
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Talking

    Thanks for the tip. I did check the diopter but I may not have done it right. Your suggestions for adjusting it are helpful.
    Thanks again.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •